Thursday, April 14, 2011

Psycho

"I hope they are watching... they'll see. They'll see and they'll know, and they'll say, "Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly"..." Psycho was supposed to be this crazed, "psycho" type of a movie. I was not impressed. I am a guy who gets scared very easily; so, when my heart is not beating fast at all through the movie then it is not close to being a scary movie. Back in the 60's when horror movies were just being created, this may have been an horrifying movie. Now, in this day in time, it is only a brain twister in trying to figure out why Mrs. Bates killed everyone.



Marion Crane really starts the story out. She is the reason people are find out people are missing after they stay/ arrive at the Bate's motel. Marion Crane, for some reason, I didn't mind. Yes, she stole $40,000 dollars, but she did it with the intention that her and her boyfriend would be able to get married someday and live together. It is unfortunate though that she makes a crazed ,an get the hots for her and eventually that man kills her. Also, I find it funny how she works so hard to get the money and the Bates don't even take the money, or even find it.



Mr. Bates had be thrown for a loop. Sense the first time we met him in the movie, I was 100% sure that he was the killer. But, then his mother kills Marion and all those people...... I simply could not put my finger on why his mother killed them. At the end of the movie the question is answered, but until then I was soo confused. But, at first I really didn't mind Mr. Bates. I thougth he was just doing a good deed by taking care of his crazed mother and not putting her in a "mad house." Then you see how psycho he is by peeking into the shower and watching Marion Crane take a shower. I thought he had the hots for her and I was right. It is sad that he felt betrayed by his mother for going out with a different man. But, killing her boyfriend and his mother is a little drastic.



Lila Crane ole was not as big as Marion's, but she did end up solving the murder in a sense. I also admire how Lila would not listen to what anyone said about how Norman's mother was dead becase she trusted what Arbogast said. Also, she was brave going into the house on her own an deserves some type of medal for her courage.



Rating: 5 out of 10

I can't say i liked the movie and I can't say I hated it. I disliked the movie because it wasn't scary. If its supposed to be a scary movie, make it that way. But, what I did like was how it always kept you on your toes wondering who was the killer and when it would happen. I really like the twist on how Norman Bates and his mother were the same person. I was curious if he was just covering up her death. Turns out she was dead and he was so psycho that he took out her body and preserved it so they could always be together. I would not watch this movie again, but I would reccomend seeing it at least once.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054215/quotes

3 comments:

  1. Yea Nick. This was so amazing. I love how you use pictures! It makes the movie so much easier to understand and this blog really helped me a lot! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't have said it better myself. I was convinced to go watch this movie and ur description of the movie was marvelous. You were very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great. Great opening personal voice. I suggest not sharing the ending of the film, as a critic. Watch for correct spelling of words. Nice closing. Great photo additions.
    Thanks,
    SWM

    ReplyDelete