Monday, April 25, 2011

Graduate

"Are you here for an affair, sir?" The Graduate can be summed up in this one phrase right here. This movie lead me one direction and in the end brought me to a totally different ending. Graduate was a scandalous and sexual movie. Graduate was a classic back in the day and today is still a classic. It's sexual humor and "awkward" situations is what keeps this movie alive.

\

Benjamin is the awkward college student back from school for the summer. I find it funny how awkward he is when you think he would be very charismatic when it come to talking with ladies. The reason I say this is because it seems every women and girl find him very attractive and would go out of their way just to be with him. Benjamin was a character that I disliked and yet I liked him at the same time. I hated him because of the affair that he has. But, at the same time I respect Benjamin in that he is determined to get what he wants and will not take no for an answer.

Mrs. Robinson is one character that I hated and yet, I felt really bad for her. I hated her because what she did to her husband was unforgivable. But, at the same time, it is hard to judge her for wanting more in a relationship when her husband sleeps in a different bed and they are never together. Again, I can't blame her for wanting more; but, how she did it was wrong.



Elaine is byfar my favorite character in the movie. She is an innocent soul who is respectable to everyone. But, she is not afraid to listen to her heart when it comes to finding and staying with her true love. Elaine is also just that neighborhood sweetheart. It seems that everyone in their neighborhood highly respects her which is a great quality to have.




Rating : 7 out of 10

The Graduate is a must see movie. It is a movie that will make you laugh and keep you on your toes by making you want to see what the outcome of the situation will be. Also, I didn't mind how it had a twist in it had a different way of ending then you would have pictured. Another reason this is a good movie is the meaning behind. I would tell you the meaning, but I believe the meaning of the movie is different for each person.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061722/quotes

1 comment:

  1. Great. Very fun to read. Nice format with the photos. I suggest closing with a quote woven into your rating.
    Thanks...SWM

    ReplyDelete