Thursday, May 26, 2011

Shawshank Redemption

"They say it has no memory. That's where I want to live the rest of my life. A warm place with no memory." Shawshank redemption had a meaning, this meaning was a meaning of hope! Criminals went to shawshank, thinking where there life went wrong. Then they start to get hope, hope that they will soon one day be free and out of the prison walls. Andy and Red became the best of friends. Without eachother, neither of them would have been able to escape from Shawshank.



Andy Defresne is a man convicted of a crim he did not commit. What amazes me is he did not commit a crime and yet he is willing to not put up a fight and go to prison. Andy not once lost his cool. He was beaten, raped, and mentally harassed and he never once lost his cool. Andy was inspiration for every man in the prison. He gave them hope when he makes them feel like a free man in the prison.



Red is the "chief" of Shawshank. He is the man who can get whatever you need. I would love to find out how he has connection to people on the outside world. Red, even though he has been in the prison for a long time, managed to keep his cool the entire time. I think Andy gave Red hope and inspiration to stay alive and make it out of the prison. I feel Andy made Red realize that if he made it back into society he would be able to function in society.



Overall Rating: 8 out of 10

Shawshank is a movie I am willing to watch again. It was an enjoyable movie and in a way, gives you a sense of hope. Personally, I like movies with action and a little bit of romance. So, this movie wasn't in my category. For an independent film, this movie very wisely uses it rescources and made the best movie possible. Overall great film. You have to watch.

1 comment: